Friday, September 21, 2018

GIS 4930 - Project 2 - Mountaintop Removal: Prepare

For this week in Special Topics, we were tasked with creating story maps, forming into groups, and analyzing digital elevation model data.
For this weeks section of project 2 we mainly focused on preparing and getting into a group. My group is group 4 and occupies the SE quadrant of the study area. 
We were also tasked with preparing two story maps that highlight the steps involved in mountaintop removal mining and the steps involving the finished project such as background info, study site, analysis and discussion.

UPDATE: After importing my map files into arcMap and rerunning all tools required to recreate the hydro data files I was successfully able to create the required deliverable for project 2, A single map showing both streams data frame and basins data frame. I've also included a data frame that shows my quadrant (n36_w083_3arc_v1.tif) of group 4's study area for the mountain top removal project.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2023 semester wrap up

 The spring 2023 semester at UWF has been an eventful one in which I finalized the requirements for my bachelors of science in natural scien...