Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Fall semester 2018 update: Craton poster

I am currently entering the 2018 Fall semester and I wanted this post to serve as a catch up for my GIS projects that I have completed since.
During the Spring semester of 2018 I was enrolled in GEO4332 Senior Seminar and completed a multitude of projects that involved preparing me for assessing a proper career path. 
Projects completed ranged from: Creating a linkedin account, tuning up my resume, creating cover letters, engaging in mock interviews, and creating/presenting my Senior Seminar final project, at the UWF Student Scholar Symposium, on a 4 x 3 poster, a topic of our choosing.
The topic that I chose was mineral composition for the craton region known as the Slave Craton, located in the, northern-central, Canadian territory of Nunavut. 
For my project I utilized this dataset that involved the compilation of many geological maps ranging from core sample data to satellite magnetic imagery compiled over the years.
By adjusting the attribute data I was able to create three layers, of the Slave Craton map, that displayed the geological rock ratio of the craton: Sediment, metamorphic and igneous. 
For this project I utilized two software programs: arcMAP and Microsoft publisher.
In creating this Senior Seminar final poster I utilized my entire GIS skillset in order present this data accurately and aesthetically.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2023 semester wrap up

 The spring 2023 semester at UWF has been an eventful one in which I finalized the requirements for my bachelors of science in natural scien...