Friday, September 14, 2018

GIS 4930 - Project 1 Network Analyst

Alot has happened during the first couple weeks during my start into this GIS 4930 Special Topics GIS course. Me and my wife welcomed our new born son into the world, and as such I was given a week extension for the first deliverables of project 1. Since I have completed week 1 and week 2 deliverables during week 2 I am posting the entirety of project 1 in this blog post.

Project 1 Network Analyst had tasked us with creating 6 maps that involved routing, network analysis, and a multitude of refresher lessons from previous GIS courses.

For week 1, I created a Hurricane Get Ready Guide to serve as a general map highlighting all evacuation and supply routes in the Tampa Bay, Fl area in the event of a natural disaster or state of emergency. The data-set also highlights the location of all police departments, fire departments, shelters, hospitals, roads, and waterways within the study area.

For week 2, I created routes for hospital evacuation, from Tampa Bay General Hospital to two nearby hospitals in the Tampa Bay, Fl area, Memorial Hospital, and St. Josephs Hospital, and routes for emergency personnel to transport supplies from the National Guard Armory to three nearby designated shelters, Middleton High School, Tampa Bay Blvd. Elementary School, and Oak Park Elementary School. 

All information was presented accurately and legibly in order to present an easy to follow guide that anyone could pick up and follow during times of distress in the Tampa Bay, Fl area. 

 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring 2023 semester wrap up

 The spring 2023 semester at UWF has been an eventful one in which I finalized the requirements for my bachelors of science in natural scien...